Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Hop, Skip, and a Jump

Sweet Callie drove me to Greece last weekend. It's only about a 4 hour drive from Istanbul. Although we had great fellowship, delicious food, and a story for the folks back home, I think this might be our last trip to the border.
A Greek Orthodox Church. Callie and I stepped in for a look around and received a tour of the building from a Greek man. It was all Greek to us--we didn't have a clue :).
This is the rearview mirror of George's taxi. (George drove us across the border). Notice the multiple crosses hanging from it. A typical Turkish taxi might have a string of beads hanging from its mirror, each bead representing a name of Allah. I learned some things about the Greek Orthodox Church during our visit :(.
Behind the counter at Tony's Pizza. This was our first of two stops in Feres, Greece. We had the most delicious pizza with ham and bacon and some greek salads. Tony and his family are quite accustomed to their occasional two hour visitors from Istanbul.

No comments: